Is There A Cure For Psoriasis? Resolve Your Symptoms Today!
First of all..
What is it Psoriasis ?
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales. These patches normally appear on your elbows, knees, scalp and lower back but can appear anywhere on your body. Most people are only affected in small patches. In some cases, the patches can be itchy or sore.
Who can it affect?
It affects both men and women and often develops in adults under 35 years old. It is estimated that around 2% of people in the UK are affected by Psoriasis. There also many Celebrities ,such as Kim Kardashian, who have the condition but have discovered ways of hiding it.
Psoriasis may not have a cure but there are many ways to keep Psoriasis at bay.
Speaking to your GP or Pharmacist to determine what treatment is best for you will help keep your Psoriasis flare ups to a minimum, Treatment often falls into 3 categories. these are:
- topical – creams and ointments that are applied to your skin
- phototherapy – your skin is exposed to certain types of ultraviolet light
- systemic – oral and injected medications that work throughout the entire body
Topical treatment is the most common method of controlling psoriasis.
Types of Topical treatment:
1) Emollients: Eucerin Lotion
2) Steriods: steroid creams, Dermovate decrease inflammation, relieve itching, and block the production of cells that are overproduced in psoriasis. Stronger preparations, which are more effective than milder ones, can cause side effects that include burning, dryness, irritation, and thinning of the skin. Be especially careful to follow your doctor’s instructions on their use.
3) Vitamin D derivative Calcipotriene: Dovonex has proven to be effective for treating psoriasis, especially when combined with a topical corticosteroid cream. It’s best to use only limited amounts to avoid side effects.
4) Coal Tar Shampoos and ointment: Capasal shampoo contains three active ingredients, coal tar, coconut oil and salicylic acid..The combination of active ingredients help to reduce itching and scaling of the scalp.
New Dermalex offers a steroid-free cream that not only relieves your Psoriasis symptoms, but also helps in preventing new Psoriasis flare ups from occurring.
As I previously said Kim Kardashian has the condition and is always in the spotlight with her legs on show, BUT there is never any sign of her Psoriasis. But now the reality star has revealed how she hides the angry red spots, which flare up over swathes of her body. Kim posted before and after pictures of her legs on her website, telling fans she uses a bronzing make-up spray to keep the psoriasis patches at bay. It may not cure the condition but it gives other Psoriasis sufferers a quick fix for those cant miss occasions.
Dont let Psoriasis rule your life!