Time for a new routine! Beat heartburn with Nexium
Heartburn is a burning chest pain or discomfort that occurs after eating. Heartburn triggers differ from person to person. It all comes down to how your body reacts to certain foods, other medications you may be taking, your lifestyle, weight, pregnancy, and medical conditions.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is a common condition where acid from the stomach leaks out of the stomach and up into the oesophagus.
Symptoms of GORD are
- acid reflux
- pain when swallowing
- difficulty swallowing
What is Nexium?
Nexium (esomeprazole) is a pill that works by blocking the acid directly at the source, giving you complete protection from frequent heartburn no matter what triggers it. This pill can be used to treat GORD and other stomach conditions involving excessive stomach acid. This is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms. Nexium treats frequent heartburn which occurs two or more days a week.
You should take Nexium as directed by your GP but there are guidelines which can also be followed. Take each does with a full glass of water. Do not crush or chew the tablets. It could take 1-4 days to see the full affect from Nexium.
- Avoid certain foods which cause symptoms these include coffee, alcohol, chocolate, vinegar, fatty and fried foods and many more.
- Smaller, slower and more frequent meals are better than three large meals a day.
- Avoid late night snacks, let gravity do its work.
- Where comfortable clothing so you don’t put to much pressure on your stomach.
- Keep track of what you eat, your physical activities and any medication you are on. This way you may be able to recognise triggers and therefore will be able to avoid them.
Products to treat Heartburn, GORD and other excessive stomach acid related problems