My new year Resolution I will have a Medical Assessment and have a healthy 2016.
New Year, New you. Start 2016 the right way and kick-start a healthy new you, this is the best time of year to banish all of your bad habits and begin a healthy life.
I’m sure many of us will be making all kinds of New Year’s resolutions (including me…) but probably will not stick to them. BUT this New Year it’s time to commit.
Why not make your resolution to visit your GP or local pharmacy such as Asset Chemist for regular health checks. Managing your health couldn’t be any easier. At Asset Chemist our pharmacist can provide a health check service, including blood pressure monitoring and Dietetic checks as well as any general health enquiries. Not only do we have an in house service, but we offer an online doctor service which can provide advise on losing weight, quitting smoking and a number of other services, visit www.assetchemist.co.uk for your online consultation today!
5 tips on how to manage your blood pressure
- Losing weight can often be linked to the lowering of blood pressure, the more pounds the higher the pressure.
- Exercising regularly will not only help you to lose weight but it is enough to reduce the need for blood pressure medication for some people.
- Changing your diet to a healthier one, the healthier the diet the lower the blood pressure.
- Reduce sodium in your diet, Salt raises your blood pressure. The more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure will be.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink. Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure to unhealthy levels. Having more than three drinks in one sitting temporarily increases your blood pressure, but repeated binge drinking can lead to long-term increases.
5 tips on losing weight and keeping it off
- Eat early, weigh less. …
- Serve yourself smaller portions. …
- Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. …
- Cook your own meals. …
- Don’t shop for groceries when you’re hungry. …
Benefits of regular exercise and a healthy diet
Regular physical activity and a healthy diet can lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and can reduce the risk of illnesses such as type 2 diabetes or heart disease.
Exercise, combined with fat-free or low-fat dairy products and other foods rich in calcium, is necessary to build strong, healthy bones and can help slow the bone loss associated with getting older.
A sense of well-being
Being in good shape can give you more energy, reduce anxiety and depression, improve self-esteem, and help you better manage stress.
Why you should quit smoking
A new year a new you, right? Well it’s probably time to ditch the cigs and give up for good. But why should you? Read below for just some of the reasons to quit today…
- Better sex life
- Improves fertility
- Younger looking skin
- Better dental health
- Breathe easier
- Longer life span
- More energy
- Benefits not just you, but others around you
Make a promise to yourself this New Year, and visit Asset Chemist or your GP for regular health checks. Have a happier healthier new year and a new you.